- Online Store
- Herpstat Thermostats - Free Shipping!
- Herpstat 1 Redline
Herpstat 1 Redline
These advanced controllers can be used for precision tempearture control, lighting control, and even humidity control. Housed in desktop style cases they can easily sit on top of your rack, cage, or incubator. Dual proportional temperature controlling modes (Dimming or Pulse) are built in so you can choose the mode that works best with your setup. A built in soft startup feature will slowly add power on initial starts as well as a user selectable ramping between day and night time temperature settings. A new revolutionary auto power matching algorithm constantly adjusts the power output to get the best regulation possible. We also added new AC control code that lets the device adjust power in 100 steps to be able to finely tune the heating equipment. High and low temperature tracking and audible alerts are standard. Possibly one of the most important new features is the built in safety relay that can disconnect power to the outlets in case of a solid state control failure as well as a timeout function that can cut power if the user's low temperature is not reached within 30 minutes. Three prong grounded outlets are standard assuring compatibility with most heating devices.
The Herpstat 1 comes with a temperature probe and power cord.
- Proportional heating constantly monitors and adjusts amount of heat necessary to maintain a target temperature (usable range from 40°F to 150°F or 4°C to 65°C).
- Soft startup slowly applies power during initial warm-ups.
- User selectable temperature and light ramping allows day to night changes to occur slowly. (Up to 10 hours)
- Sensor Matching allows the user to digitally calibrate the sensor output to match other equipment.
- Configurable for Heating, Cooling, Lighting, or Humidity.
- Basking assist feature supports basking lights as a heat source.
- Auto Power Matching constantly adjusts the power output curve to match the enclosures efficiency.
- High / Low temperature tracking helps monitor heating system and enclosure efficiency.
- Precision sensor with internal resolution of .1125 °F and is accurate to ± .9 °F
- Display and setting in tenths of a degree.
- All settings are retained in memory even if power is lost.
- Power Outage detection / tracking.
- Temperature can be set / displayed in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- Easy to read backlit LCD display.
- Removable 12' temperature probe allow for easy replacement if necessary.
- User replaceable fuse.
- Audible alarm system
- Individually selectable High/Low temperature threshold alarms.
- Security Passcode option deters vandals.
- Internal error detection shuts off heat if sensor fails or is disconnected.
- 700 total watt output for the Herpstat 1
- 1 year limited warranty
Note: This product is a single output controller. It will contol temperature or humidity but cannot control both at the same time. To control both temperature and humidity at the same time a Herpstat 2 or Herpstat 4 model is needed with the optional humidity probe. The optional humidity probe is available under the accessory catagory on this site.